There are so many different ways to practice Persian, sometimes it’s hard to know where to start.
There are lots of short, interactive activities to help you practice and improve your Persian. Each activity focuses on a different Persian skill, such as reading, writing, listening, pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary.
The activities are all designed for use on mobile devices, so you can practice Persian at home or on the go, making use of even a few spare minutes. Make it a habit to practice Persian regularly, by doing a short 5-10 minute activity every day. Learning Persian ‘little and often’ is more effective than occasional intensive study.
Best Farsi Learning Resource!
1) Find the right activity for you
It’s so important to find learning activities at the right level. Actually, If an activity is far too difficult, it can be demoralizing. However, if you stay in your comfort zone, your progress and your improvement will be slower.
2) Improve your Persian writing skills
Writing texts using appropriate language is an essential skill for academic study. Improving your Persian writing skills will help you to succeed.
- Independent-level learners can practice using linking Persian words and phrases to create longer sentences and connect their ideas.
- Proficient-level learners can practice using referencing words and discourse markers to structure their writing and improve their written fluency.
3) Improve your Persian reading skills
- Independent-level learners can practice reading Persian quickly to find specific information in a text.
- Proficient-level learners can practice reading carefully to understand abstract concepts and academic arguments written in Persian.
Some of our best courses:
- Beginners Complete Persian Course
- Intermediate Complete Persian Course
- Advanced Complete Persian Course
4) Improve your Persian listening skills
Learners need to follow what is said in lectures and take part in seminar discussions. Practice listening for the main arguments, opinions, and attitudes of a Persian speaker.
- Independent-level learners can practice listening for the main points and ideas or opinions in a presentation or discussion.
- Proficient-level learners can practice listening for subtly expressed attitudes based on the Persian words and intonation used.
5) Improve your pronunciation
Develop your confidence when presenting or asking questions, by improving your Persian pronunciation.
- Independent-level learners can practice pronouncing different Persian sounds, such as long and short (آ) sounds.
- Proficient-level learners can practice different Persian word stresses and learn how this can change the meaning of a word or a sentence.
6) Improve your grammar and vocabulary
Independent-level learners can practice using past simple and present perfect verb tenses and adverbs in some different situations.
Proficient-level learners can practice using “کدام” as a relative pronoun and different vocabulary for qualifying statements and opinions.
7) Try a practice test
Take a test of your Persian. This will make you realize what level you are at and in which part of the language (reading, writing, …) you have problems and need improvement.