Yes, you can improve your Persian without joining any classes.
There are dozens of people who join Persian courses every month. But there are also many who don’t. Many people try to improve their Persian by studying grammar, reading newspapers, watching youtube videos, trying to speak in Persian with their friends, etc.
Today we are going to discuss how we can improve our Persian without joining any Persian classes.
The basics of learning a new language are listening to others and listening to yourself. Actually, we need to find engaging ways in which we can do that.
Best Farsi Learning Resource!
1. Reading aloud
Please choose something that excites you or you are curious about. It could be a Persian book, a magazine, a novel, or even a newspaper. But make sure that you want to know about that topic and like that topic, this will keep you interested and will make sure that you like doing it.
2. Listening to music
Select a few Persian songs that you like. Listen to Persian songs repeatedly – the same songs. Try to sing along.
online Farsi courses on YouTube:
- Learn Farsi in 100 Days Course
- Read and Write Persian Language in 7 Days
- Learn to Speak Persian / Farsi Fast
- Farsi Conversation: Learn the Most Common Words and Phrases Farsi Speakers use Every Day
- Easy Persian Grammar: A Perfect Handbook of Contemporary Persian Grammar (Beginner to Intermediate)
- Top 1500 Persian Words: Essential Words for Communicating in Persian
- Top 100 Farsi Words: Most Common Farsi Words You Need to Know
- 3000 + Most Common Persian Phrases
- 200 Absolutely Essential Persian Verbs
3. Watching Movies, TV Programs, and Youtube videos
Try to find movies, programs, and videos that interest you. Don’t just watch something because it’s in Persian but only watch the ones that you find interesting. Also, avoid subtitles. When we watch movies with subtitles, actually we start reading and stop listening.
4. Talking in Persian
Talk to people more in Persian. You should find people who want to speak in Persian with you and talk to them. If you forget to speak in Persian don’t procrastinate, start right there and then.
5. Thinking in Persian
Think in Persian as much as possible. When you see people talking in Persian try to translate what they are saying in Persian. If you are traveling observe and describe people, things, and different situations silently in your mind. Start a conversation with yourself.
Please remember the following points they can help you get better results in less time.
- Clarity: Focus on the clarity of your voice when speaking aloud.
- You can use monotones: Sounds like hmm… aaaaa… (thinking sounds)
- You can use fillers: Words such as “ مثل (such as), در واقع (In fact), در حقیقت (actually) and etc.”
- Don’t repeat your words and clauses: If you think that you have made a mistake then you can start the sentence all over again.
- Try to use full sentences: For example, when someone asks you, چطوری؟ “How are you?”, You should reply in a full sentence من خوب هستم “I am fine” and not just خوبم “fine”.
So, these were a few tips for you. But remember that we are not asking you not to join a Persian course or an institute. In fact, you can learn Persian and get better even faster if you join the right course or classes. If you have the right mentor, he/she can help you improve your Persian at least 10 times faster.