Learning a new language can be a challenge, and Persian is no exception to this rule.
If you’re wondering how to learn Persian faster and more completely, look no further!
Here are 5 efficient tips that will help you find the best way to learn Persian:
Best Farsi Learning Resource!
1. Persian language exercise videos
This is so similar to how kids learn, by watching, listening, and copying. It is also good for your health!
2. Do things you enjoy, in Persian
The best way to learn Persian is to engage with it regularly and in a way that keeps you motivated to come back for more.
Some people love studying Persian more than anything and learning the language is a source of fun. But most of us have other interests too.
Think of something you enjoy doing already, and try to find ways to do that activity in Persian.
- Do you enjoy using your mobile or social media? Set your device to Persian to get regular exposure to this language every time you use your mobile.
- Do you play team sports? Join a Persian-speaking group in your community that plays your sport. Even outside of Persian-speaking countries, it’s possible to find expat groups that are a mix of Iranians and locals.
- Do you have other hobbies like knitting, sculpting, music, or yoga? Great! The same rule applies – find out if there’s a Persian-speaking group with the same hobby near you and see if you can join them.
3. Use a dictionary while you are watching a movie
Movies often have the same words many times, so if you look up important Persian words the first or second time you hear them, you should have learned them by the end of the movie. It is easier to use a dictionary if you watch with Persian subtitles.
FREE ONLINE Farsi Lessons:
- Learn Farsi in 100 Days Course
- Persian Alphabet
- Persian Video Lessons: Learn To Speak Persian Fast
- Persian Grammar
- Persian Vocabulary
- Persian Conversation
4. Don’t try to be perfect. Nobody is perfect
The hardest thing about learning Persian is getting over the fear that you will sound silly, or won’t be perfect.
Most of us are much more articulate and clever in our native languages, and maybe it can be embarrassing to step into another language where that comfort with words and phrases is gone.
Usually, we think others will judge us or think less of us for sounding foolish.
Please don’t be afraid of making mistakes, and being corrected, and trying again.
In fact, this is the same with any new language, and mistakes and errors are part of the journey.
Also, remember that the most important point of language is communication.
If you managed to say something, and someone else understood what you said, then you’re successfully using this language!
5. Have fun
Lastly, remember that learning Persian should be fun.
Actually, it unlocks so many exciting and rewarding opportunities for you too.
From the tips above, you’ll see that there are plenty of fun ways to study Persian, that don’t just involve memorizing grammar rules.
Please, find a method that you enjoy the most and stick with it.
1. Write down the new Persian words and sentences
We would advise pausing the video or audio lesson that you’re listening to and writing down the new Persian sentence or word the way you hear it. For example, you might be watching a Persian movie and while looking at the subtitles you see that the hero of the story just asked «Where is the toilet?».
What you should do at that moment is listen to what he is saying exactly in Persian and then you have to write down this expression together with the English translation.
2. Record yourself reading your notes
After you write down the new words or expressions that you heard in the movie or audio lesson, you have to record yourself reading them. you can record yourself with your phone or on my laptop.
3. Listen to your own voice speaking the new Persian words
This is probably the most important part of your memorization technique. we suggest building a library of recorded content that you can then listen to for 30 minutes every day.
4. Restart the process
you need to dedicate about half an hour every day to listening to audio material or watching videos while writing down the Persian words and building a library of recorded content. Then you should spend another 30 minutes later in the day listening to yourself reading all those new Persian expressions.
if you do this every day, eventually, you don’t have to write down the words or expressions you hear anymore because you understand them perfectly.
5. List of useful Persian words and short Persian expressions
Before going to any foreign country, it’s always important and necessary to know some basic words and expressions that will help you get by and ask people for help and assistance if you need it.
by: Learn Persian Online Team about (category: Blog)