If you want to learn Persian, most people would say “go to Tehran,” but what if you want to learn Persian from home? How can you enjoy learning Persian without leaving your living room? Actually, those who learn languages for a living (diplomats, spies, etc.) already know the answer. They dive deep into a foreign language and stay submerged as long as they can. Let’s take a look.
Best Farsi Learning Resource!
1. Pick a core Persian curriculum and work with it every day
The professionals spend 4-5 hours working with their chosen curriculum each day: 2-3 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the evening. You can break this into smaller chunks or you can spend fewer hours if you want. You should plan to spend about half your study time on revision/review and the other half on new material/lessons and you have to work on it every day. Agreed? Good.
Now let’s talk about the rest of the time. This is the real secret to learning Persian at home successfully. You need to pick up the sound of the language, absorb Persian customs, and force your brain to switch to thinking in Persian as fast as you can (at least some of the time). So immerse yourself in the Persian language and culture.
2. Watch movies and serials in Persian
You’re allowed English subtitles, but if you find yourself reading instead of listening, please switch them off. It’s better to absorb the sounds of the Persian language even if you don’t understand. At some point, turning on subtitles in Persian will help you pick up new characters and see how things you’re hearing are written. Watch with a pen and paper in hand. Our YouTube channel has prepared a large number of learning videos that you can use to learn Persian.
online Farsi courses on YouTube:
- Learn Farsi in 100 Days Course
- Read and Write Persian Language in 7 Days
- Learn to Speak Persian / Farsi Fast
- Farsi Conversation: Learn the Most Common Words and Phrases Farsi Speakers use Every Day
- Easy Persian Grammar: A Perfect Handbook of Contemporary Persian Grammar (Beginner to Intermediate)
- Top 1500 Persian Words: Essential Words for Communicating in Persian
- Top 100 Farsi Words: Most Common Farsi Words You Need to Know
- 3000 + Most Common Persian Phrases
- 200 Absolutely Essential Persian Verbs
3. Listen to Persian radio, music, and podcasts
Keep your surroundings in Persian as much as possible. There are several radio stations, lots of great Persian music, and plenty of podcasts you can listen to while exercising, cooking, or taking a bath. This is your “down time” so don’t push yourself to understand every Persian word.
4. Cook Persian food
5. Make Persian friends
At some point, you need to speak Persian to someone other than your cat. The sooner the better actually. That’s not too difficult, even if you’re stuck at home. Download a language exchange app to find Persian people who want to improve their English. If you want a more formal arrangement, hire a Persian teacher online.
by: Learn Persian Online Team about (category: Blog)