Reading is such a good activity. It’s relaxing, educational, and also it is a great escape from reality. Reading in Persian is a wonderful way to do all of that, and improve your language ability at the same time! Want to get great at reading in Persian? Please read on for some fun, easy tips to help you get there.
Best Farsi Learning Resource!
What will reading in Persian do for you?
Reading in Persian will open a ton of doors for you. You will be able to experience an entirely new world of beautiful literature. Iran has produced some amazing works of literary genius. Actually, you have no idea what’s in store for you. Everything from romance to biography, historical to contemporary, you’ve got it!
Not only will you suddenly have a whole world of books just waiting to be discovered, but also your Persian skills will greatly improve as well. Reading in Persian has a lot of great benefits. Here’s just a few of them:
- Your Persian vocabulary will improve
- Your Persian grammar will improve
- You will be able to understand a lot more when traveling to Iran (signs, menus, etc.)
- You will learn so much about Persian culture
So, if you’re serious about becoming great at reading in Persian, here are a few things you can do to help you achieve that goal.
1. Be realistic about your reading level
Most researchers agree that students learn most when reading something they understand almost all of. If there are one or two Persian words per page that you have never seen before, that is about the right level. If there are three or more on every page, you have to switch to something easier and come back later.
2. Listen to the book while you read it
Books with audio will help you in so many ways! You will hear the right pronunciation, flow, and accent of what the passage is supposed to sound like. In fact, this will not only help it come more alive in your mind, but it will also help to make it stick a little better in your memory. You will be applying visual and auditory forms of learning at the same time. This is sure to have some good and long-term impact.
online Farsi courses on YouTube:
- Learn Farsi in 100 Days Course
- Read and Write Persian Language in 7 Days
- Learn to Speak Persian / Farsi Fast
- Easy Persian Grammar: A Perfect Handbook of Contemporary Persian Grammar (Beginner to Intermediate)
- Top 100 Farsi Words: Most Common Farsi Words You Need to Know
- 3000 + Most Common Persian Phrases
- 200 Absolutely Essential Persian Verbs
3. Read Persian children’s books
This is very similar to watching Persian children’s movies, but with the added advantage of there being more illustrations than adult books, which both help you to understand the story better and also make the page brighter and more motivating to read.
4. Read books you have already read in Persian
Have a favorite book that you have read in your mother tongue? no matter how many times you read it. Try reading it in Persian to:
- switch things up a little
- make for an easier read
Actually, you already know what’s going to happen, and you are familiar with the storyline and characters. This ensures that you don’t get lost, or confused, and also really helps with your Persian vocabulary. You won’t need to look up those tricky words as often, because you’ll already know their meaning!
5. Read what you love
Reading what you’re interested in will make sure that you still enjoy the process of reading in Persian. You’ll pay more attention to what you’re reading and learn the Persian vocabulary surrounding the topics you enjoy talking about!
by: Learn Persian Online Team about (category: Blog)