It can be a fun challenge to learn a new foreign language, and an even bigger one to learn it fast. However, it can be done. You should practice the main areas of language such as speaking, reading, listening, writing. The best thing that you can do is to become immersed, since that will place you in the context of this language full time. However, there are things you can do to learn Persian fast as well.
Best Farsi Learning Resource!
1. Try online lessons with a native Persian teacher
As you know, in the last decade, e-learning has become a popular alternative to traditional classroom teaching as it offers greater flexibility and access to teachers. It is now possible to have lessons with a native Persian teacher via Skype (or another VoIP program) from any location with a good internet connection. This method of learning Persian gives students more choice, while saving them time and money.
2. Learn basic courtesy phrases
Since you’ll probably be interacting with other Persian speakers, it is helpful to learn simple phrases. Being able to introduce yourself and say (hello, please, thank you, and so on) is important in any location.
“Hello” is سلام “salâm”
“Thank you” is ممنون “mamnun”
“Goodbye” is خداحافظ “khdâhâfez”
“My name is…” is اسم من … است “esme man … ast”
“Please” is لطفا “lotfan”
“Where…?” is کجا؟ “kojâ?”
3. Arrange a language exchange
Search for Persian-speaking expats living in your city. This can be done via Google or Instagram, as well as through the International Department of your local university. Find a native Persian speaker who is interested in learning your native language and offer them a language exchange. Then you can meet at a cafe each week to practice 30-60 minutes in each language.
- Best Equipment for Learning Persian Online
- Tips for increasing your Persian vocabulary
- Top 10 Tips to Learn Persian Language Fast
- Top 10 Websites for learning Persian for FREE
- How do you learn Farsi fast?
- Top 5 Persian Learning Mistakes
- Top Tips for Studying Persian When You Are Tired
- 10 Fun Ways to Learn and Remember New Persian Vocabulary
- Is it possible to speak Persian fluently?
- 3 Tricks to Learn Persian Without Studying Grammar
4. Use context to build vocabulary
It is helpful to begin learning a foreign language by building your vocabulary. This way, you can quickly pick out Persian words when you hear or read them. An easy way to learn Persian vocabulary is to take the Persian word for something and insert it into a sentence every time you speak it.
- The Persian word for «Pencil» is مداد «medâd»
- Use “medâd” every time you would say “Pencil”: “Where is my medâd?” or “Your medâd looks beautiful.”
- You might put up sticky notes on household items with the names in Persian. Every time you pass that item, you will remember to call it by its Persian word.
- Use this technique in every place you go regularly—in your room, car, your locker, your office, etc.
5. Pay close attention to our differences
How does your native language differ from Persian in terms of structure and usage? If you can improve your understanding of these differences, you will begin to eliminate some of the errors coming into your Persian as a result of your native language (or language instinct). For example, if you know that the standard sentence order in your language is «subject, verb, object», but the correct order in Persian is «subject, object, verb», then you can make an extra effort not to allow this mistake to occur in future. Actually, this requires a conscious intervention on your part until you stop making the given error, which is being automatically transferred from your native language.
by: Learn Persian Online Team about (category: Blog)